Distinguish between Alliteration and Assonance: in this article you will learn the differences between alliteration and assonance. This topic is important for B.A first semester English honours students. If you want more articles like this You can visit my other articles.
Q. Distinguish between Alliteration and Assonance with the help of examples.
Ans: Though alliteration and assonance both are figure of speech but still they contains some differences which are as follows:
- Alliteration reffers to the repetition of initial consonant letter sound in a group of words while assonance reffers to the repetition of similar vowel letter sound within words.
- Alliterations are used in both Verse and prose while assonance are used only in verse.
- Alliteration example- A Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. The crooks conspire the kind king. The furrow followed free.
- Assonance example- Try to light the fire. Go slow over the road. Winner winner dinner chicken.
So from the above explanation and examples you must have understood the differences between alliteration and assonance.
- Fiction B.A. English First Semester BBMKU
- Poetry BA English First Semester BBMKU
- Scansion of a Poetry BA English Honours
- NOTICE WRITING CLASS 12 FORMAT, EXAMPLES.